So you and the fam are carving pumpkins, baking those adorable little ghost cookies and trying to convince yourselves that 2020 isn’t a real life horror film that you can’t escape. Jack-O’-Lanterns are great until they start to smell like Leatherface’s mask, so if you need a bit more Halloween in your home this October, some DIY crafts should do the trick (or treat).
Every Wednesday this month, we’re dropping in like a haunted skeleton in the attic to share a new around-the-house craft that you and the younglings can do to add a ghostly touch to your bunker.
This week, sink your teeth into these simply adorable mini vampire pumpkins, brought to you by M Diddy herself, Martha Stewart.
Mini Vampire Pumpkins
- For vampire Jack-O’-Lantern mouth: Stencil
- Red pin map tacks
- Small white pumpkin (For a big bite, choose a small pumpkin so the plastic vampire teeth seem huge)
- Print mouth template. Lay template on pumpkin, and poke thumbtack through, all along outline, to transfer design. Cut out with saw; remove excess flesh.
- Wedge teeth into hole.
- For eyes, pin map tacks onto pumpkin.
Last week, we got wrapped up with these easy mummy mason jars, courtesy of Parade.
Mummy Mason Jars
- (2-3) Mason Jars (various sizes to make a “family”)
- 1” Gauze Bandage
- Googly Eyes (various sizes and types)
- Flameless Votive Candles
- Wrap jars with gauze from bottom to the rim in different angles
- Stick on googly eyes
- Line up completed mummy mason jar “family” and place lit flameless votive candles inside
About the Tacoma Rainiers
The Tacoma Rainiers are the Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. Tacoma has been a member of the Pacific Coast League since Cheney Stadium opened in 1960, and has been a Mariners affiliate since establishing the Rainiers moniker in 1995.
The most up-to-date news and notes about the Tacoma Rainiers and Cheney Stadium can be found at WeRTacoma.com, or by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (@tacomarainiers) and liking the team on Facebook.
We R Tacoma Team Store
The We R Tacoma Team Store is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT, and is always available online. Grab your Rainiers gear, your Defiance ‘fit, and follow the team store on Instagram and Twitter.